Friday, July 13, 2007

I love Skype

Today I talked to my parents for almost 2 hours. I got to sit in the den and watch TV and talk with my brother and sister, engage in conversation and answer questions. All without leaving Australia. I got to talk to Bryan about his day for 2 hours and got to see his face up close - almost like I was there. I don't know how I would be able to survive without today's technology: Email, Blog, Video Chat. It's how I remain sane.

Besides sitting in front of my computer all day...

My flatmate, Eddie and I went on a bus ride to Garden City - a shopping center, or mall, about 10minutes away from school.

He told me what would go to Garden City, what time they would come, and where to stand when you want to go back to school. It was nice to get off campus for a little bit. I'm planning on going back next week and exploring little more. It's hard to walk around a mall with a guy. :)

Later in the afternoon I took a half hour walk around school. Walked places that I hadn't yet been, tried to familiarize myself with the campus. I think I've got it down... it's really not that big. I found a little path that took me through the bush to a parking lot that I didn't know existed. It was nice and quiet. Kept an eye out for Koalas, Kangaroos and Bush Turkeys, but only saw birds.



Oh! Speaking of birds... the birds here are LOUD! And they make such strange noises sometimes. Think of a crow... they're louder here and even more annoying.

No real plans for tomorrow yet. If I stay around here this weekend, maybe I'll try to find a church to go to on Sunday. We'll see.

Until then here are some pictures from around campus. I tried to upload them yesterday, but was having problems for some reason. There is A LOT of bush around us...



...This one was taken from my balcony.

No comments: