Wednesday, July 18, 2007

And so it begins with readings...

Today, in addition to two orientation sessions, I purchased my books. Thankfully there weren't many. Being a Film student we tend to watch more movies that actually read. And believe me, I am definitely okay with that. And my wallet loves it too. With that said, I went to the book store to purchase my 2 books and "Dossiers" for each class. Dossiers are compiled readings that the Lecturer has put together so that we don't have to go look for the articles and books each time he/she assigns a reading. After laying down AUD$119 for my selected readings I went back to my room to look them over. After a few minutes I realized that I didn't need one of the books! There was only one reading assigned for that specific book and the reading was copied into the Dossier! So I practically ran to the bookstore in hopes of returning the book (worth AUD$45 - which is a lot to this poor student). The ladies at the book store were nice enough to give me back my money in exchange for the book. I thanked them and went back to my room.

I started my readings tonight. Wasn't too exciting. Read about Australian Film... but I'm sure you really don't care to hear about Adventure as a genre in the Australian Film circuit. So I'll move along...

Another one of my duties today was to clean the kitchen. Every week Accomodation sends out housekeeping to check on the student flats and make sure they're in tip-top shape. So every week each person is given a duty: Kitchen, Bathroom, Vaccuum, Trash (it's a little more well-balanced, but that's the jist of it). This week I had the kitchen. So that kept me occupied for a little while.

I'm trying to keep myself busy.
It's hard.

Just need to constantly remind myself that it's going to get better. And God knows what He's doing.

God knows what He's doing.

No comments: