Monday, September 24, 2007

Spring Break Begins!

Hello to you all!

Not too many exciting things happening lately. My mosquito bites have stopped itching, and I've been blessed by not getting anymore - but we'll see how long that lasts. :)

Yesterday was the first official day of my Spring Break (or, Mid-semester break). And I worked. :) But after work - and a meeting for work - Maija picked me up and we drove upto Mt. Coot-tha again - this time it was night - and had a picnic. Although it was FREEZING and windy, it was extremely clear and beautiful.



Our dinner consisted of rice and curry that Maija made herself, and Appletizer (an Australian sparkling cider). Dessert was yogurt and fruit. It was really good.

After eating we drove down the opposite side of the mountain and passed all of the television studios for Brisbane: Channel 9, 7 and 10. Exiting.



We then drove through downtown, Chinatown, and Fortitude Valley. At one point we were coralled into a "Random Breath Testing" line, and Maija was tested for alcohol. :) It was great!! We got a kick out of it.





We ended up at Kangaroo point where we got some coffee, sat on the river, and ate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Peanut Butter M&M's (that mom sent me, because they don't sell them here). It was Maija's first time eating both! And she loved them!! :)

Not extremely exciting, but tomorrow should be better :) We're going to Lone Pine Koala Park! :) That's all I'll say about that.

Hope you're all well. Leave me a message and let me know how you're all doing!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chinatown looks beautiful! Did you look in the shops? I loved all the colors.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.